1. Leica Mini ZOOM (RM350)
2. La Sardina Belle Star (price unknown)
3. Rollei 35LED (RM500 – now where’s my little piggy bank…)
4. Lubitel 166B (RM450)
5. NeinGrenze 500T (RM450)
6. Save up another four hundred ringgit and buy Fujifilm Natura Classica.
7. Save up another four hundred ringgit and then feel greedy all of a sudden and save all the money instead.
8. Save up another four hundred ringgit and then feel greedy all of a sudden and save all the money in the form of gold dinar – hey, you never know to what extent the value of paper money will drop.
9. Save up another four hundred ringgit and then feel greedy all of a sudden and save all the money in the form of gold dinar BUT wait until the market price goes down to around RM730-RM750 and then use the leftover money for a Smena 35 or Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim. Or, save up another few hundreds to use with the leftover money to buy one of the cameras mentioned at points 1-5, only to end up loving all the money again and turn them into dinars again.
10. Repeat process number 9.
11. Basically get nothing bought.
12. However, I basically save money – in a stable form no less.
13. And then, regret repeating process 9 when I see subjects I would’ve loved to take pictures of.
14. Especially regret repeating process 9 when I land in, say, France, without a, say, Lubitel.
15. Continue wallowing in regret for not doing what I want to do. Ralph-Waldo-Emerson-effect.
AND SUDDENLY, all future thoughts of self-pity disappears when a miracle happened while I was writing this.
He just said hi over fb and asked what I’m doing. Told him I’m weighing options for lomo cams – ala camera zaman abah muda trang tang tang tuu. And he asked if they’re pricey – not really, my budget range is RM350-RM450. To which he said, he’ll make a donation. See? Contrary to popular belief, I rarely ask for things from my dad. He gives, and I accept with a kecil-tapak-tangan-nyiru-kutadahkan and orang-mengantuk-disorongkan-bantal attitude. Cis anak bertuahhh tak reti tolak offer langsung. Hehe.
16. Buy one of ’em after all.